Hi All,

OK, so today's journey wasn't very long, just across the Bay to a nice little anchorage surrounded by big rocky hills. There are several reasons for that.

I slept in until after 9, and that was quite pleasant.

We provisioned, then went back to the boat to wait before completing the provisioning, since we wanted to get fresh fish to take with us, and to get a Saturday morning paper, which doesn't make it in until the afternoon. We got the paper, and we got fish, although they didn't want to sell any raw today because they needed it to supply the fish and chips business and meet other orders. They had no whitefish to spare, but I did get a couple of very fresh lake trout filets of about a pound each. Add to that some pork chops and a steak and we should be set for a little while.

By two we were all set to go, but ran into a problem I have never encountered before. The dock boys had parked us in, and neither of the other boats were planning on moving. We were in a slip between two long docks about 45 feet apart. When they put us in there it never ocurred to me that we wouldn't be able to get out. Then they put a huge trawler with about 16 or 18 foot beam right behind us. Then another similar sized power boat pulled into his slip on the opposite dock, leaving a space between them slightly narrower than our 10.5 foot beam. The guy on the opposite dock was quite unhelpful, pointing that this was his regular slip and that it was the dockmaster's problem. The guy behind me was missing in action for most of the day and there's a story there... Eventually he came back in his dinghy and was quite agreeable about pulling out so that we could clear the dock, and off we went about 1600.

On the way out we passed Pathfinder on their way in under sail. I would have radioed greetings, but the kids on the deck were looking pretty inhospitable, so I gave it a miss. The boat is looking a little banged up along the port side, like they lost an argument with a concrete dock or a lock wall.

Back to the story of the MIA power boater, assembled in bits and pieces. They arrived, soaking wet and in a bit of a state with their anchor hanging off the bow. It seems they had bounced around more than expected out in the bay, and the anchor was inadequately secured, eventually self releasing as they were motoring up the Killarney channel, leading to some rather sudden maneuvering when it bit into the bottom. Then later on they had a visit from the local OPP. It seems they tore up a water line on the bottom of the channel with their anchor, so, in partial restitution, they were sitting in their dinghy as the dive watch boat while divers made the repair today. So they weren't going anywhere, and they weren't at the boat to let us out. They had come up all the way from North Carolina and said that Georgian Bay was the toughest weather they had encountered yet. Maybe the east coast isn't so bad...

So that was today's excitement and now for a quiet evening alone at anchor.

Life is still pretty good,